Are there guidelines for producing 360° videos for the MK360?
Here are a few ideas to make your 360° look best when displayed with the MK360:
- Prefer fixed over hand held cameras, avoid excessive movements (ex: first person extreme sports), stabilize image in post-production if needed.
- Prefer open outdoor spaces to indoor architectural spaces.
- If projecting indoor content onto an indoor space, prefer non-coinciding architectures (ex: a virtual room of 3x4m projected in a physical room of 4x3m might not fit).
- If projecting outdoor skylines, prefer projection spaces with high ceilings.
- Prefer curved / organic elements to geometric / angular shapes.
- Avoid elements too close to the camera, prefer clearly distanced planes.
- Prefer high contrast images with medium brightness, test contrast settings in post-production.
- Avoid projecting textual messages. If required, prefer large fonts placed at horizon height.
- Prefer placing the camera at eye-height.
- Prefer elements closer to the center on the Y axis (the horizon).
- Calibrate the MK360 for each projection space using the software calibration and grid warp features, as well as the physical Focus and Lens-Shift wheels.